The Indian Air Force is known to the world for its courage, valor and fearlessness. Seeing the fighter planes roaring in the air, the desire of many youths to join the air force one day and serve the country awakens.
The Indian Air Force has the power to give an exciting career to its brave soldiers. How to make a career for youth through air force and prepare for air force exam? We are going to tell you more about this below.
Candidates have to concentrate on both their studies and physical fitness simultaneously.
What is Indian Air Force?
Air Force is formed to protect our country from enemies attacking through the sky. The Indian Air Force is known for its power in the fourth position in terms of fighter aircraft and airborne weapons. The main job of the Air Force is to protect the country from air attacks during the war.
Air Force was established on 8 October 1932. At that time it was named Royal Indian Airforce. But after the second world war, it was named Indian Air Force in the year 1950.
The Commander-in-Chief of the Air Force is the President of the country. Presently the Chief Commander in Chief of Air Force of India is Hon’ble President Shri Ram Nath Kovind.
The highest post in the Air Force is that of the Air Chief Marshal.
Wings of Indian Air Force:
IAF Flying Wing :
It is the branch of the Indian Air Force that actually flies aircraft on operations and battles. Both men and women can become pilots. If you join this branch, you can become one of three types of pilots.
(A). Fighter Pilot
(B). Helicopter Pilot
(C). Transport Pilot
IAF Ground Duty:
One of the main functions of this branch, besides controlling tower functions, is meteorology. Officers on ground duty are expected to keep pilots informed of weather conditions at all times.
The Ground Duty Branch has two separate branches.
- Technical Branch : The technical branch deals with the maintenance of aircraft and other Air Force equipment.
- Non-Technical Branch : The non-technical branch includes Logistics, Accounts, Education, Administration and Medical and Dental branches.
How to join indian air force after 12th for male ?
To join the Indian Air Force after 12th , a candidate has two options, one group X and the other group Y, now we are going to share some detail information regarding group X and group Y below.
How to Join Group X in Indian Air Force?
To join the Indian Air Force under Group X, a student must have passed class 12th. In class 12th, he must have science subjects like Physics and Maths. That is to say, if you want to join Indian Air Force Group X, In Intermediate (12th) you have to pass with subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Maths from science stream and it is also necessary that you have at least 50% marks in class 12th.
To join group X, You must be between 17- 21 years of age to apply for Group X., if you want to apply after passing B.Ed, then your age should be between 20 to 25 years and if any student who has done Must have passed master degree and b.ed and he wants to apply for Indian Airforce Group X then his age should be between 20 to 28 years.
How to Join Group Y in Indian Air Force?
To join Indian Air Force Day Group Y, a student must have passed class XII certificate and must have at least 50% marks in class 12th, it is not necessary that he has taken science or commerce in class 12th.
To be recruited in Group Y of the Indian Air Force, the candidate must have passed 12th. There is no compulsion of subjects for Group Y. You can pass 12th from any subject.
To apply for Group Y in Indian Air Force, the age of the student should be between 17 to 21 years. If the student wants to apply for the Musician trade, then his age must be between 17 to 25 years.
To join the Indian Air Force, the candidates have to pass through some physical tests. We are going to share some physical eligibility details here.
Indian Air Force Group X & Group Y Selection Process
- Firstly the candidates have to pass a written examination.
- After that selected students are selected for physical test.
- After doing the physical test, the students go for the interview.
- Finally, after doing the medical check up, the final selection list is issued.
- The final selection process is completed through this selection list.
How to join indian air force after 12th for female ?
If you are dreaming of joining the Airforce, then know, what are the rules for girls, how is the selection.
Women candidates in Indian Air Force are selected only through Short Service Commission. That is, a female candidate can serve a maximum of 14 years in the Indian Air Force. After which he has to take retirement.
There are three types of entry for women candidates in the Indian Air Force. which is like this:-
- AFCAT Entry
- FTS Entry
- NCC Entry
AFCAT stands for Air Force Common Admission Test. This exam is conducted twice a year by the Indian Air Force. To apply, visit afcat.cdac.in.
There are two types of branches in the Indian Air Force. One is the Flying Branch and the other is the Ground Duty Branch. At the same time, the ground duty branch is divided into two parts. In which one is technical branch and the other is non-technical branch.
Female candidates can apply for these branches. At the same time, their eligibility criteria are different.
Female candidates can also join Air Force through FTS entry. FTS stands for Fast Track Selection Entry. With this, registration for the exam can be done online only.
Through this exam candidates are selected for meteorology branch. This Indian Air Force is a separate branch. Whose main work is of weather analysis. This branch is used to find out accurate weather information. So that the aircraft of Indian Air Force aircraft can be flown safely.
The notification of this branch is done on the basis of recruitment only. There is no fixed time limit for this. At the same time, the age of the candidates should be between 20 to 26 years to work in this branch.
In this, only those candidates can apply, who have done post graduation with subjects of any science stream with 55 percent marks. Along with this, it is mandatory to have Maths and Physics subjects in graduation.
NCC is a special entry. Only NCC cadets can apply through this entry. At the same time, through this entry, female candidates can apply for the Flying Branch of the Indian Air Force.
Whereas the age limit of the candidate should be between 20 to 24 years. Whereas the candidate must have secured at least 60 percent marks in 12th with Maths and Physics subjects. With this, it is mandatory to have 60 percent marks in graduation.
Those candidates can apply for NCC entry who have C certificate of NCC Air Wings Senior Division issued on or after 6th August 2015. For this you can apply by visiting careerairforce.nic.in
Let us tell you, it is easy to take admission in Indian Air Force through NCC entry. Because there is no written exam to be given in it. The shortlisted candidates are directly called for SSB interview.
One thing should be kept in mind that only those women can apply in Indian Air Force through AFCAT Entry, FTS Entry and NCC Entry who are unmerged.
How to Prepare for Indian Air Force?
- First of all, for whichever post you are applying, you have downloaded the notification related to that post and read it thoroughly, follow all the instructions given in it.
- If the syllabus for the respective post is given in the notification then start your preparation accordingly otherwise download the syllabus of the respective post and start your preparation accordingly.
- Keep all the important points with you in a separate note or in writing so that you can keep them in mind while preparing.
- A good discipline helps a lot in getting you a job. That’s why set your time table and your study time and do your preparation accordingly.
- It will be better for you if you download previous years papers through internet and prepare through them.
- If you join a good institute for preparation, then it will work like a icing on the cake for your preparation.
- To join the Indian Air Force, it is very important for you to be physically fit, so do not forget to exercise regularly and run while taking care of your body.
NCC (NCC Special Entry) Entry : The National Cadet Corps (NCC), also known as the fourth line of defense, offers an opportunity to join the Indian Air Force. If candidates have completed NCC training and obtained “Certificate C” from Air Wing NCC, then they are eligible to join Indian Air Force.
University Admission Scheme (UAS)
- UAS is for the candidates who are currently studying in the final semester of their final year of BE/ B. Tech degree. It must be ensured that there should be no backlog in any of the previous semester papers at the time of SSB interview. On completion of the degree, candidates must obtain a minimum of 60% marks in aggregate in all the papers.
- Candidates in the Indian Air Force are selected through a screening of applications followed by a test (either an engineering knowledge test for technical branches or a common entrance test for non-technical branches). This is followed by an Air Force Selection Board interview which lasts for 5 days (for Flying Branch candidates). Those candidates who pass this interview, which includes intelligence and psychological tests and group discussion under a medical examination, and who are found suitable, are selected on the basis of an all India merit list.
Indian Air Force Recruitment for officer level
Clear NDA :
If you want an officer level job in Indian Air Force, then for that you have to join NDA (National Defense Academy). NDA exams are conducted by UPSC (Union Public Service Commission).
NDA is one of the biggest and toughest exams in India. This is a type of entrance exam, after passing which the candidate gets a chance to graduate from the Defense Academy of India.
NDA exams are conducted twice a year. After passing the NDA exam, your way to join the Air Force is cleared.
Clear SSB :
The full form of SSB is Service Selection Board.
It is a type of interview which is a part of NDA exam itself. After clearing the SSB, the medical check up and physical test of the candidates is taken.
After passing the SSB, the candidates get an opportunity to take admission in the National Defense Academy (NDA), after which they are given training in the Air Force.
Indian Air Force Training :
After completing their education by the Indian NDA, candidates are sent to the training center of Hyderabad Air Force. Air Force training is of 1 year, after completing which candidates get the post of officer in Air Force. After clearing all these exams, you are given the post of an officer in the Indian Air Force, after which you are called an officer of the Air Force.
If you liked our article on how to join Indian Air Force after 12th, then definitely share it with your friends. For any kind of doubt or suggestion related to the article, you can tell us by commenting.
1 thought on “How to join Indian Air force after 12th”