It is everyone’s dream to become something in life, some people want to be an engineer, some want to become a doctor, then some people want to become a pilot, so if you also have interest in becoming a pilot and go ahead you also want to fly a plane but you do not know this.
That’s how to become a pilot? And how much does it cost to become a pilot and what kind of studies should we do for this, so in today’s article we will tell you step by step how you can become a pilot.
How much does it cost to become a pilot, for which one should study and what is the eligibility to become a pilot
Table of Contents
What to do to become a pilot?
If you see your career in pilot, then it is very important for you to have the knowledge of what it takes to become a pilot, what kind of studies you can become a pilot.
To become a pilot, you have to first pass 10th class with good marks.
To become a pilot, you have to start preparation from 11th class itself. To become a pilot, you have to compulsorily do these three subjects Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
After passing 11th and 12th class from PCM by sucking science subject in 11th class and at the same time you have to do English well. Should be able to speak, this means that your command in English should be very good.
- Pass 10th class.
- Choose Science stream in class 11th.
- Pass 12th class by choosing PCM subject in Science stream.
- Passed 12th class with at least 50℅ marks.
- Strengthen your English language.
Eligibility Criteria for a Pilot
If you want to become a pilot, then you have to fulfill the eligibility criteria, then only you can become a pilot. The eligibility to become a pilot is as follows-
- Candidate should be an Indian citizen.
- You must have passed 10th class.
- And it is necessary to pass 12th class with Physics, Chemistry, Maths with minimum 50℅ marks.
- You should be able to speak English well.
- Your height should be at least 5 feet.
- Your age should be minimum 16 years and maximum 32 years.
- You should not have any kind of serious illness.
- The vision of your eyes should be perfect.
- Apart from this, you can also join the course to become a pilot.
Types of Pilot Careers
A pilot is one who is involved in flying an airline to carry passengers and cargo at a given time over a greater distance around the world.
It is considered to be the number one career for pilots. A commercial pilot is involved in flying a regional airline to carry passengers and cargo over short distances. Young candidates prefer this career as it requires fewer overnight trips and will keep you closer to home.
A corporate pilot is involved in flying small corporate turboprops and jets for private enterprises or individuals to assist in traveling to meetings of corporate executives.
Fighter pilot also known as a military pilot, you will be trained to work for air force or army, fly military aircraft and transport military cargo and riders. Fighter pilots also engage in aerial combat.
A pilot flying passengers to specific destinations is known as a charter pilot, also known as an “air taxi”. You can operate your own private charter company or work for other charter airlines.
How to become a pilot after 12th?
If you want to become a pilot then you have to first take admission in any flying club, which is recognized by Directorate General of Civil (DGCA), Government of India, also you have to apply for student pilot license and take entrance exam.
You have to pass, after that you have to complete training. It takes 2 to 3 years for you to become a pilot in India because we lack resources here and if you want to become a pilot by going abroad, you can become a pilot in 1 year .
To enroll in any aviation course, you must fulfill the eligibility criteria set by the institute or academy. Listed below are the eligibility requirements to become a pilot after 12th in India:
- You must not be less than 17 years of age to start training.
- You must have secured 50% marks in 10+2 which may vary as per the requirement of the institute.
- You must have studied MPC subjects [Maths, Physics and Chemistry] with English at Intermediate level.
- If you are a non-science student, you can do the required subjects through the National Institute of Open Schooling or as a private candidate from the respective state board.
- You will need a medical certificate issued by the required authorities.
Apply for student pilot license
As soon as you pass 12th, after that you have to directly apply for student pilot license to become a pilot, which we also call SPL in short, then for this you have to DGCA i.e. Directorate General of Civil Aviation,
Whatever college is under Government of India, you have to take admission in it and clear the entrance exam and after that you also have to give medical test, then there are some important things for student pilot license that you should know.
- You should have maths subject in 12th with science
- You must be at least 16 years old
- Apply for Entrance Exam in DGCA College Complete the training
- must pass medical
- You must have a good bank balance
Where to apply for SPL Student Pilot License?
- For this your age should be up to 16 years.
- You must have done 12th with math.
- For student pilot license, you have to take admission in any flying club which is recognized by DGCA (Directorate General of Civil Aviation) Govt of India.
- Now you will have to go through the entrance exam, for the preparation of which you may need coaching etc.
- After clearing the entrance exam, you will have a medical test.
Apart from this, your bank record should also be good and security deposit will also have to be given.
After fulfilling the above conditions, you get student pilot license.
After taking student pilot license, you have to complete the prescribed flight time (12 months) under the supervision of the flight instructor. If you successfully complete it, then you have to get a private pilot license.
What is PPL Private Pilot License?
Once you complete the training of student pilot license, then you have to take the exam for private pilot which will have to complete more subjects and more flight than the previous exam.
When you cross this too then you have to apply for commercial pilot license which you get after giving some other test apart from your previous record and experience and you become a pilot to any private company or government aircraft. You can fulfill your dream of flying.
How to Become Pilot in Indian Air Force
Many young people dream of becoming a pilot in the Indian Air Force. An Airforce pilot has to go through a lot of complex training. They are also trained to attack with Fighter Jet. The qualification to become an Air Force pilot is the same as that of a commercial pilot.
The other course is to become a Pilot after graduation. To get admission in this also it is necessary to pass the entrance exam, it is a difficult exam which is conducted by UPSC.
Its training is for 3 years, after training, the candidate gets appointment as a pilot in the Indian Airforce Station as Permanent Commission Officer.
How to become a helicopter pilot?
To become a helicopter pilot, a candidate has to clear the IGRUA Entrance Examination, also known as the Indira Gandhi Rashtriya Udan Academy Examination.
This exam is conducted by DGCA i.e. Directorate General of Civil Aviation Government of India.
The candidate who passes this written test is given a medical test, then he is called for a medical test and then called for an interview.
The candidates who successfully clear the exam get admission in the course to become a helicopter pilot.
Helicopter Pilot Qualification
- Candidate must have passed class XII with subjects like Physics, Chemistry and Maths.
- Candidate should have minimum 50% marks in 12th.
- The student must have knowledge of English language.
Age required to become Pilot of Helicopter
- If a candidate wants to get a student pilot license, then he/she must be at least 16 years of age.
- Similarly, to get a private pilot license, the age of the candidate must be up to 17 years.
- The age of the candidate for commercial pilot license should be up to 18 years.
Training center in india to become Pilot
- Asiatic International Aviation Academy, Indore
- Blue Diamond Aviation, Pune
- Acumen School of Pilot Training, Delhi
- International School of Aviation, New Delhi
- Indian Aviation Academy, Mumbai
Best Indian Colleges to become Pilot
These are some of the recognized colleges, universities and academies in India that provide the basic and technical skills required to build your career as a professional pilot:
- Indira Gandhi National Flying Academy
- Bombay Flying Club
- Rajiv Gandhi Academy of Aviation Technology
- Madhya Pradesh Flying Club
- National Flying Training Institute
- Ahmedabad Aviation And Aeronautics Limited
- CAE Oxford Aviation Academy
- indigo cadet training program
- Government Aviation Training Institute
- Puducherry Thakur College of Aviation
- Government Flying Club
- Orient Flying School
- Aviation and Aviation Safety Institute
Skill Required to become pilot
- Strong technical skills
- Critical thinking and decision-making
- Situational and environmental awareness
- good communication skills
- The highly focused and disciplined personality
- Striving continuously for excellence
- high-level flexibility
- Mental stability and physical fitness
- Good sense of teamwork
- Inherent or learned leadership quality
How to become a commercial pilot
Commercial pilot who flies a particular plane for an airline, for which he gets a commercial pilot certificate from the Indian authority.
For example, the pilots who run in Indian airlines like Air India, Indigo, Jet Airways are all commercial pilots.
Commercial pilot jobs are one of the highest paying jobs in India which are good from the beginning.
Along with this, there are many other benefits related to travel as well. It is considered a top class job. Because the number of pilots is less than other professions, it is not difficult to get a job.
An aviator is a person in the aircraft industry who flies an aero plane or aircraft and transports passengers or any baggage from one place to another.
The airline companies, or the government, deploy the pilot to fly their respective aeroplanes. Sometimes some pilots operate their own airplanes.
If you have set a goal of becoming a pilot then you have to focus on some of your personal qualities as well.
This is an area in which the candidate needs patience, discipline, and self-confidence. This field demands hard work, stamina, long time schedule, good team spirit as per the alertness of mind.
In this field, you have to be mentally alert in every situation. You should also have the quality of being emotionally stable in case of any emergency.
Pilots are responsible for military personnel, passengers, baggage or different types of cargo. The job of a pilot is the industry of his work and the type of aircraft he can fly
Depends on both these factors that some pilots are only able to fly helicopters. Some pilots can fly large airplanes and some pilots can only fly cargo planes. Which is used to pick up or carry any goods.
Educational Qualification of Commercial Pilot
If you want to become a commercial pilot then you must have passed 12th class with Physics, Chemistry and Maths with at least 50% marks. And along with you should have knowledge of Hindi and English language as well as any other Indian language.
Commercial Pilot in Airforce
To become a pilot in Indian Air Force you have to clear NDA exam and then clear Airforce pilot exam –
Selection Process to become Pilot
For the recruitment of pilot, first of all you have to give written exam. In which you will be asked questions related to class 12 Maths, Physics and English, Reasoning subject.
After passing this written exam you have to give interview. In which successful candidates also have to present a medical certificate obtained from Air Force Central Medical Establishment (FCMI), New Delhi or Institute of Aviation Medicine (IAM), Bangalore.
How much does it cost to become a pilot?
Now you know how much is the fee to become a pilot. But even after getting a commercial pilot’s license, when you join an airline, you have another training.
The reason for this is that the plane you fly in flying school and the passenger plane are different. This is called Type Rating Training.
This training takes 5-6 weeks and its cost also comes to around 30-35 lakhs. Now you must have understood that how much does it cost to become a pilot.
Entrance Exam to become a Commercial Pilot
You have to clear an entrance examination to get into an aeronautical training course.
In which a written examination, medical test and interview are taken.
One more thing to keep in mind for taking admission in Aviation School is that you must have passed in 12th with at least 50% marks.
Age Limit to Apply for Pilot License
- Student Pilot License – 16 Years
- Private License – 17 Years
- Commercial License – 18 Years
What is the salary of a pilot?
Some people want to become a commercial pilot because their salary is very good in India and it is also considered as the best job.
If you want to become a commercial pilot then you have to complete SPL training, where you will have to give many tests, after all this you will become a commercial pilot, whose salary is very good which is around 80 thousand-2 lakh.
Per month it becomes 3 to 5 lakhs per month. A commercial pilot in India can get a monthly salary of Rs 1.5-2 lakh.
On the other hand, if you are choosing the route of the Indian Air Force, then your annual package can be 5-8 lakh rupees annually.
In this article we have told about commercial pilot, how to become a pilot, what are the types of pilots, pilot course fees in india, what is pilot salary, how pilot’s career starts, who can do it and in this.
We have also given the names of the major institutes to become a pilot in India, which are very famous institutes in India, if you want to know anything more about the pilot, then definitely tell us by commenting, we will definitely reply you.