All of you must have heard about vehicle insurance or it is very important for any two wheeler or four wheeler or any vehicle without insurance, if you use the vehicle without insurance then it is considered illegal, everyone should also be punished.
That is why vehicle insurance is very important and today many companies are doing the work of vehicle insurance and for these work companies hire agents who bring the customer and the company together.
Vehicle insurance is mandatory for driving a vehicle on the road legally in India. If a person drives a vehicle on the road without vehicle insurance, then it is a kind of legal offense.
There are two types of auto insurance policy, third party policy and package policy. Package policy is optional but third party insurance is mandatory.
you will learn here what is motor insurance, what are its types and how to become a vehicle insurance agent.
In today’s modern era, almost every house has some kind of vehicle whether it is two wheeler or four wheeler. And as mentioned above, it is necessary to have an insurance policy for every vehicle.
In such a situation, you can earn a lot of money by becoming an auto insurance agent.
Table of Contents
What is vehicle insurance
If you drive any type of two wheeler or four wheeler vehicle in India then you would know that it is mandatory for you to have a motor insurance policy on driving any such vehicle.
If you drive your vehicle in any public place without insurance, you are breaking the Motor Vehicle Act 1988, which can lead to punishment.
Vehicle insurance provides financial compensation for the occurrence of such an accident. This facility is provided by different types of insurance companies.
In this, there is an agreement between you and the insurance company, such that if you pay the company, then it will compensate you for the financial loss in case of your vehicle accident.
How to become a vehicle Insurance Agent?
There is a similar process to become a vehicle insurance agent of any vehicle insurance company. You can become an agent of any insurance company by following these steps. Follow the steps given below to become a Motor Insurance Agent:
- First of all choose an IRDAI recognized general insurance company whose policy you want to sell. Choose a company whose insurance policies sell more in your area. Doing this will make it easier for you to sell the policy. Click to view List of General Insurance Companies in India.
- Now go to the office of that company and talk to the manager there that you want to become the insurance agent of the company.
- After asking this, the sales manager of the insurance company will ask you some questions to know whether you are eligible to become a motor insurance agent or not. The questions are very general like why do you want to become an agent, what is your qualification, why do you want to sell policies of our own company etc.
- After the interview, if the sales manager thinks that you can become an auto insurance agent, then he will put your name in the training list of the company.
- Now you will be given 25 to 50 hours of training. In which you will be told what is a motor insurance policy, what are its types, and which policy should be bought.
- After the training, you will have to clear the Motor Insurance Agent exam of IRDAI. The same questions are asked in this exam which you were taught in training. For your information The Insurance Regulatory and Development Authority of India (IRDAI) is a government body that regulates the insurance market in India. According to its rules, in order to become an insurance agent of a company, it is mandatory to pass the IC 33 or IC 38 exam taken by it. Without this one cannot become an insurance agent and the insurance company cannot issue an agent license.
- After passing the exam, you will be issued a Motor Insurance Agent license by the insurance company. After which you will be able to sell the policy of the company.
- You can become a motor insurance agent by following the steps given above.
Benefits of becoming an auto insurance agent
- Freedom to work: Like a normal job, here you do not have to work for a fixed time. You can set your own working hours.
- Part Time Job: This can also be done as a part time job. You don’t need to leave your job or if you do shop to get into this profession.
- No Investment: You do not need any kind of investment to get into this profession.
- Personality Improves: Once you become a vehicle insurance agent, you are trained by the insurance company. In which the professional people associated with this profession give you training. Due to which your confidence increases and the way of talking to people is good.
If you want to earn extra income without leaving your job or shop, you can do it by becoming an insurance agent.
What are the qualifications required to become an auto insurance agent?
There is no much qualification required to become a motor insurance agent of an insurance company. Must have passed at least 12th class or equivalent examination (where the applicant resides in a place with a population of five thousand or more as per the last census, in that case 10th class or equivalent examination should be passed) and you must be 18 years of age or older There should be more.
If you have this qualification then you can become a motor insurance agent.
To obtain a license for the first time, the applicant has to undergo at least 50 hours of training. This training is provided by the insurance company. In this, how motor insurance works, such things are explained when you apply.
Auto insurance agent job Role
Friends, now let’s talk about the work of a vehicle insurance agent, then a vehicle insurance agent is an accredited agent of a recognized insurance company. They sell auto insurance policies to people. That is, the company in which they are working, they bring their insurance to the people and tell about the insurance of their company that why you should get insurance from our company.
Agents tell about the goodness of their company so that people understand and take insurance of the company, this is all the work is done for an agent, now you must have understood very well.
10 Documents Required to apply for Vehicle insurance Agent
If you want to become a Vehicle Insurance Agent, then it is very important for you to have the necessary documents. as written below.
- Agent application
- Address proof
- Qualification certificate
- Date of birth certificate
- Sponsorship form
- Pan Card
- Passport size photo
- Three stamp size photos
- Email address
- Mobile number
So here we talked about the steps to become a vehicle insurance agent, so today you must register your name in the most popular insurance company of your area and become a vehicle insurance agent as soon as possible.
You can find out about various vehicle insurance companies from Google. If you still have any problem then you must tell by writing in the comment box.