A data scientist is someone who knows how to extract information from raw data, and make that information usable in business.
The profession of Data Scientist is a fast growing and growing field. Today there is a demand for Data Scientist in every big company and government organizations.
Most data scientists spend a lot of time collecting and cleaning up data, because the data is never clean.
If you want to become a good data scientist, then you should be interested in data science. If you are interested in this field, then it will not take much time for you to become a data scientist.
Due to this growing software technology, the demand for data scientists is increasing day by day. In such a situation, if you are thinking of becoming a data scientist or want to become, then this can prove to be a better option for you. Because at present data scientists are earning much more than Chartered Accountant and engineers and that is the reason why a magazine has called it the best job of 21st century.
If you want to become a data scientist or want to make a career in data science, then for this you should have complete knowledge about what is data science, how to become a data scientist and complete information about data scientist course, etc.
If you want to become a data scientist or want to make a career in data science, then read this article till the end, surely this article will prove to be useful for you.
Table of Contents
What is data?
We can call any kind of information as data. Data which can be numbers or words written on a paper. Data can have different definitions, but the meaning is the same.
The data in the memory of an electronic device can be photos, videos, songs, software, games, etc. or the data can be facts that are stored inside a person’s brain.
For example, if a person likes adventure, he searches for adventure on google, and if a person likes technology, he searches for technology related things on google, and if someone likes sports, then he Searches for things related to the game, searching for things here means searching for data.
What is data science?
Data Science is the science of analyzing data and extracting information from them, which is a part of computer science. Data Science Statistics uses principles and techniques in many fields like Mathematics, Statistics, Information theory, Information Technology etc.
In simple words, data science is a study of data, which includes algorithms, machine learning principles and various other tools.
It is used to record, collect and analyze data to obtain important and useful information. Data scientists extract and examine data from a wide range of sources like log files, social media, sensors, customer transactions.
Methods that work for big data are also of particular importance in the field of statistical science. The development of this branch called machine learning of artificial intelligence has given new impetus and importance to the development of this field.
Elements of Data Science
Being vast in nature, the field of data science is divided into three main elements. Let’s take a detailed look at these three components.
Computing techniques are used to operate every single business. Every organization produces a huge amount of data every day.
On careful analysis of this produced data, data scientists present it in various graphs and charts. After this it helps the management to take the best business decisions based on the representation of the data.
Incorporating mathematical and statistical model algorithms, machine learning is adopted by almost all business organizations to understand and respond to the daily circumstances and progress of machines.
Through the use of machine learning in the field of data science, a machine can predict various trends in markets or financial systems based on historical data patterns.
With exponential growth in Internet users every day, viewers or subscribers generate multiple clicks in the form of videos, images, articles, comments, orders etc. Usually, all these activities result in unstructured data production. Data scientists convert that unstructured data into structured data.
Benefits of Data science
Data science is very useful in business decision making. It uses data properly and makes it useful, so that we can use it for business. The decisions we take from the data, we get many benefits from it and it also increases the efficiency of work.
Use of data science
The benefits of data science also depend on the company’s goals and resources, how the company performs and how the resources are used.
Apart from this, the profit of the company also depends on the sales and marketing department.
The data is properly understood and then a proper report is made and then it is discussed in depth in the company, so that this data can be made effective.
Skills required to become a Data scientist
To become a data scientist, you must have a degree or diploma from Maths, Computer science, Management, Business, Appear maths and you should also have knowledge of statistical modeling and feasibility.
Apart from this, you should also have an understanding of some programming languages like Python, Java, R, SAAS, apart from this you should also be working with global business.
Apart from this, there are some following skills which you must learn before becoming a data scientist :-
- Data visualization
- data rendering
- Machine learning
- Linear algebra
- Apache Spark
- Unstructured Data
- Business Acumen
- Communication and Persuasive skills
- Data Wrangling
- Algebra and Calculus
How to become a data scientist
there is no separate course to become a data scientist, after studying which you will become a data scientist. However, some courses are available to go into the data science field and make a career.
Being an interdisciplinary field, data science requires not only one or two, but a diverse set of technical skills and knowledge in the field of computer science. Here are the following skills that a data scientist must possess, irrespective of the experience gained.
After studying those, after gaining good experience in this field, you can become a data scientist.
Courses for Data scientist
- PG Diploma: Business analytics (PGDBA)- Post Graduate Diploma: Business Analytics (PGDBA)
- Post Graduate Program: Data Science)
- Post Graduate Diploma: Data Science)
- Post Graduate Program: (PGP-DSE)-Data Science and Engineering
- MSc: MSc in Business & Data Analytics)
- Post Graduate Diploma: Business Analytics
- PG Diploma: Data Science – Upgrade
- MBA: Data Sciences and Data Analytics
- Graduate Certificate: Big Data and Visual Analytics)
- Post Graduate Diploma: Management (Big Data Analytics)
- PG Program: Data Science, Business Analytics and Big Data
- PGDM – Research and Business Analytics (PGDM – Research and Business Analytics)
- BSc In Applied Mathematics
- Program in data science, business analytics and big data
Data scientist is needed in every big company today and it can be one of the best jobs of the future. So if you want to become a Data Scientist, then do any one of the courses given above.
After completion of the course, search for jobs related to this field, many companies advertise for it, according to which you can apply for jobs in this field.
If you get a job in a good company, then try to increase your knowledge there. Gather as much knowledge as you can from that company and from your senior, this knowledge or experience will make you a good data scientist later on.
Becoming a good data scientist is dependent on your work, your experience and your dedication. If you have done any course for this, then you cannot become a data scientist directly.
By the way, for information, let me tell you that after graduation, a good data scientist can be made in 3-4 years. But here too it depends on your work, experience and dedication.
Some big companies that hire data scientists
- Johnson and Johnson
Job role in Data science
- Data scientist
- Data engineers
- Data analyst
Education, Skills and Work Responsibilities required to become Data Scientist
Work Responsibilities of Data Scientist
- Creating a ‘model’ of the data in interesting ways.
- Cleaning data.
- Study of data based on different subjects.
- Identifying and extracting the part that is used in the data.
- Compare different data.
- Establishing a relation between different data.
- Make predictions based on data and statics.
- Using data to maximize profits or minimize losses.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, Software/computer engineering, applied math, physics, or statistics is preferred, but undergraduate majors are flexible. Master’s degree is a requirement, and half of all data scientists hold Ph.D.’s.
Skills: Python, R, SQL, SAS, Pig, Spark Scala, Apache Spark, Hadoop, Java, Perl, C/C++, machine learning, deep learning, and statistics.
Education, Skills and Work Responsibilities required to become Data Engineer.
The primary job of a data engineer is to convert data into formats and build a reliable infrastructure. Data Engineers work on large scale processing systems, they develop data architectures, test them, maintain them, collect all types of data at large scale and make them practical with the help of their skills.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, software/computer engineering, applied math, physics, or statistics. A Master’s degree is not required but works as an advantage.
Skills: Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Pig, Data Streaming, NoSQL, SQL, Programming.
Work Responsibilities of Data Engineer
- Integrate lookalike data, that is, add them up and clean them up on your own.
- He develops, tests and maintains the data architecture.
- Finds ways to make data more effective.
- A data engineer designs large-scale data architectures for ingestion, processing, and surfacing.
- represent statistical algorithms.
- Represents the filtering and sub-grouping of data structures.
- Gives you an idea of what happens if a query (data) or data elements or attribute structures are included in the result set of the data set.
Education, Skills and Work Responsibilities required to become Data analyst.
Data analysts typically help find trends that are important to the organization and produce data for data scientists. Data analysts are generally very good at SQL and are also experts in key metrics, which are considered important to the organization. They can also write scripts and create spontaneous scenes.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in math, statistics, computer science, information management, finance, or economics.
Skills: SQL, R, Python, Microsoft Excel, SAS.
Work Responsibilities of Data Analyst
- The data analyst analyzes similar historical data/reactive data to obtain information.
- Data analysts work on historical data/reactive data and generate trends for their company.
- Writes SQL queries to solve complex business queries.
- Identifying certain data quality problems and omissions in information acquisition.
- Map and trace information from system to program to solve a company’s problem.
- Coordinating with engineering staff to collect incremental brand new data.
- Applying statistical analysis.
- Limited incorporation of data analysts.
- Deal only with structured data.
Best Indian Colleges to learn Data Science Courses.
- International Institute of Information Technology Bangalore
- IIT Delhi
- IIT Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Science Bangalore
- IIT Calcutta
- IIT Madras
- Ahmedabad University
- IIM Calcutta
- Goa Institute of Management
- SP Jain School of Global Management Data Science
- Symbiosis Institute, Pune
- Great Learning Mumbai
- International Institute of Digital Technology Andhra Pradesh
- Manipal Pro Learn
- Indian Statistical Institute, Kolkata
- Indian Institute of Management, Ranchi
- Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- International School of Business, Hyderabad
- Indian Institute of Technology, Mumbai
- Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
Conclusion : –
We have tried our best in this article to let you know in details what is data science, how to become a data scientist, what is the qualification required to become a data scientist and where can a data scientist get a job. According to me, this is the future jobs and the best job of this period.
The time to come is of data, you must be hearing all these things like Facebook has changed its name to Metaverse, Blockchain Technology, Artificial Intelligence, NFT Domain, Cryptocurrency and many more new things will be learned and heard in the coming world. All this will be based on data and the job related to data will be the best job.
Hope you liked the article and if it comes, then give some love to this effort, share it with your friends, write in the comment box given below – Thanks