Who is a filmmaker?
- 1 Who is a filmmaker?
- 2 courses to become a filmmaker
- 3 List of Indian Institute to become a Filmmaker
- 3.1 Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune
- 3.2 Whistling Woods International, Mumbai
- 3.3 Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute, Kolkata
- 3.4 Government Film and Television Institute, Karnataka
- 3.5 MGR Government Film and Television Training Institute, Chennai
- 3.6 Ramesh Sippy Academy of Cinema and Entertainment, Mumbai
- 3.7 AAFT, Noida
- 4 filmmaker salary
A true filmmaker is one who directs a film by engaging in creativity 24 hours a day. It is not only limited to film direction, but it also does ad film direction, TV serial or web serial direction. A filmmaker is like a leader who guides everything related to the film, such as the film unit, whether the script is good or not, explaining the scene to the actor, etc.
- The job of a filmmaker is to give a new dimension to the film or anything with his artistic talent. The filmmaker also works as a writer. When an actor gets stuck in a scene, it is the director’s job to get him out of that dilemma.
- Who has to give what role, this work is also done by the filmmaker.
- Where the film or scene is to be filmed, if filming is to be done outside the studio, where to shoot, location for it, etc.
- It is also the filmmaker’s job to collaborate with the producer.
- Editing of the film means that there will be a scene in the film or which scene will not be there, a director is also needed in this.
- Some assistant directors also work under a director. This entire team of directors work together on the aspects related to the film. Before becoming a filmmaker, you have to work as an assistant director. For this you have to start with the assistant director first.
courses to become a filmmaker
- BA Direction
- Advanced Diploma in Film Direction
- Certificate Course in Film Direction
- Post Graduate Diploma in Film Direction
- Film Dimension And Packaging
- Processing And Printing
- Films For Motion Picture
- Shooting Format
- Types of Digital Filmmaking
- mass communication
List of Indian Institute to become a Filmmaker
Film and Television Institute of India (FTII), Pune
FTII was established in 1960 by the Government of India, this institute is considered to be the best for filmmaking and acting in the country. Some of the eminent actors and filmmakers here are – Om Puri, Naseeruddin Shah, Shabana Azmi, Mani Kaul, Tom Alter, Rajkumar Rao, Sriram Raghavan (filmmaker), Raju Hirani (filmmaker) and Kamal Swaroop (filmmaker etc.)
Whistling Woods International, Mumbai
It was founded in 2006 by film producer and director Subhash Ghai. It comes in the top film schools of the country.
Satyajit Ray Film and Television Institute, Kolkata
It was established in 1995. Its current director is Amresh Chakraborty. It marks its presence in the premier film institutes of the country.
Government Film and Television Institute, Karnataka
This institute was established in 1943. It also comes under the premier film institute of the country. Famous film directors like Govind Nihalani have been its students.
MGR Government Film and Television Training Institute, Chennai
It was established in 1945. It is the premier institute of Tamil Nadu. Many actors and directors have emerged out of it.
Ramesh Sippy Academy of Cinema and Entertainment, Mumbai
It was founded by Bollywood’s veteran film director Ramesh Sippy in 2017. It is a private institute. Where many students study to become actors or directors.
The Asian Academy of Film and Television was established in 1990. Its chancellor is Sandeep Marwah. It comes under the popular film institute of the country. Film director Luv Ranjan and actor Kinshuk Mahajan have been its students.
The salary of a film maker is not fixed like a job salary. It depends on your project. If it is a film of a big production house, then the salary will also be accordingly. Usually this film maker’s salary is 1-2 lakh rupees per month.