If you want to provide good dental facility to people by becoming a dentist, then by knowing about this post What is BDS and BDS Course Details, choose it as your career option.
BDS is one of the most popular and designated degrees of dentists. Bachelor of Dental Surgery is the only Educational and Professional program of Dental Surgery in India.
Dentists prevent, diagnose and treat all dental and related diseases. Just as there is some kind of doctor for every part of the body, in the same way there is a doctor for the protection of teeth, which is called ‘Dental Surgeon’.
If you want to become dentist then today’s article will be very beneficial for you. Young people who want to become a dentist have many questions related to dentist in their mind, today I will answer all those questions to you in this article, this article will help you in your preparation.
Table of Contents
What is dentist
Dentistry is that branch of healthcare, which is concerned with the shape, functioning, protection and improvement of the inner part of the mouth and teeth etc. and the interrelationship between these organs and the body.
Dentists are dental doctors. Dentist treats your teeth. Dentists are specialists in the treatment of teeth. Dentist is called a doctor of teeth, they treats various types of diseases of the teeth, such as cavities in the teeth, bleeding gums and cleaning the teeth.
Apart from the treatment of dentist, also does research on teeth. We always go to the dentist for healthy teeth and get them checked up on our teeth and get the teeth cleaned.
Eligibility to become a dentist
To become a dentist, you have to pass the 12th examination from a recognized board with at least 60% marks in Biology, Chemistry and physics.
Age Limit to become dentist
To become a dentist, you have to give an entrance exam. You must be at least 17 years of age for this entrance exam.
How to become a dental doctor
There are different doctors for different parts of our body. In the same way, there are doctors to study the teeth for the treatment of teeth.
A dentist is called a dentist. To become a dentist, we have to do BDS course. BDS course is the best course to become a dentist.
What is BDS
To get admission in BDS ( Bachelor in dental surgery ) course we have to give entrance exam because doctor is such a professional.
In which we need good preparation and in this you have to do a lot of responsible work, that is why only those who are successful in the entrance examination in the dentist course are admitted to the doctor’s course.
- To become a DENTIST, first of all, after 10th, we should study in 11th and 12th with biology, chemistry, physics subject.
- To become a DENTIST, first of all you have to get good marks in your 12th, study 12th very well because in its entrance exam you are asked questions from class 11th and 12th itself. That’s why we should do our 12th studies very well because in 12th class biology basic information of medical sector is available.
- Scored good marks in the dentist’s entrance exam. By getting good marks in the entrance exam, we will get admission in a good college. That is why we should start preparing for the exam well in 11th and 12th.
- Admission in BDS course is based on the rank of your examination, on the basis of your rank, you are counseled, on the basis of that you get admission in the college, that is why it is very important to get good marks in the entrance examination only then you can get admission in a good college. You will get admission.
TOP BDS ENTRANCE EXAM
You can enroll in the course to become a dentist through these entrance exams.
BDS course information and Duration
- BDS course is a medical science course, in which you are taught to be a dentist. You can take admission in this course through medical entrance exam.
- For this course, you have to pass 12th examination from a recognized board with biology subject.
- It takes a total of 5 years to complete this course, 4 years of studies are done, while for 1 year you have to do internship, you get the degree only after doing internship.
First Year BDS COURSE
- General Anatomy Including Embryology And Histology
- Dental Anatomy, Embryology And Oral Histology
- General Human Physiology And Biochemistry
Second Year BDS COURSE
- Dental Materials
- General And Dental Pharmacology And Therapeutics
- General Pathology And Microbiology
- Preclinical Conservative Dentistry
- Pre-clinical Prosthodontics & Crown & Bridgette
Third Year BDS COURSE
- Oral Pathology
- General Surgery
- General Medicine
Fourth Year (Final Year) BDS COURSE
- Orthodontics And Dentofacial Orthopedics
- Oral Medicine And Radiology
- Pediatric And Preventive Dentistry
- Period ontology
- Prosthodontics And Crown And Bridge
- Conservative Dentistry And Endodontics
- Oral And Maxillofacial Surgery
- Public Health Dentistry
Career Scope in Dentist
After becoming a dentist, you get a job very easily in many fields. As there is a medical sector, you can get a job in hospital clinic very easily. Apart from this, jobs will be available in different sectors.
- Research Labs
- Dental Clinics
- Indian Armed Force
- International Welfare Organizations
- Forensic Department
- Dental Surgeon
- Oral Surgery
Apart from all this, you can also open your own clinic where you can work as a dentist. Apart from the private sector, you also get many posts of dentist in the government sector, where you get good opportunities, you can also get a good salary by doing a job in these places. And at the same time can get other facilities of the government.
If you choose BDS in Hindi or English medium course as your career option then it can prove to be a good career option for you. However, if you do it from a private college then it is mandatory for you to be financially capable.
Hopefully, you must have understood everything about BDS Course. If you still have any question related to how to become Dental Doctor , then you can tell by commenting. If you liked the post, then share the information of how to become dentist with your friends as well.