There are many courses in medicine too, about which the students do not know much. One such course is that of Paramedical, in which the student can work as a paramedic in a hospital.
Paramedical is a very good course, after doing which students can make their future. If you are also interested in doing paramedical course related to medical, then in this article you are being given important information related to paramedical course like what is paramedical, and paramedical course fee, and paramedical college list.
If you want to make your future better in the field of medicine, then you can do paramedical course. It is a paramedic, who acts as an aid in emergency situations in any hospital.
In simple language, it can be said that the persons working as assistants in addition to the doctor in a hospital are called paramedical. This paramedical staff also gives first aid to the patient.
A paramedic is especially needed in hospitals, test laboratories, medical sciences, nursing homes, clinics and many more medical fields. Paramedical course in the field of medicine is considered a good option to make a future.
What is Paramedical
A science that deals with pre-hospital emergency services is called paramedical science. And the person working in this field is referred as a paramedic.
Major areas of work in paramedical sciences include spinal injury management, fracture management, obstetrics, management of burns and evaluations, and general accident scene evaluation.
The increasing demand for skilled counseling specialists has opened up many career opportunities for the young aspirants. Many paramedical institutes offer courses in the field of para-medicine at the degree- and diploma levels.
Paramedical Course and Fees
If you have passed 10th, 12th or graduation in biology, then you can do paramedical course. In this you can prepare for three types of courses. In which you can choose the course according to your qualification and desire.
Your fees for pursuing a paramedical course depends on the college and the course chosen. Its course is of 2 to 3 years.
To do paramedical course, the candidate has to pass in the entrance examination, apart from this, there are some colleges which give admission to the students according to the merit.
The Three main forms of paramedical course are as follows:-
- Bachelor’s Degree Courses
- Masters Degree Courses
- Diploma Certificate Course
- certificate course course
Paramedical Bachelor Degree Courses
If you are a student of 10+2 Science stream (with PCB subjects). So you can do Bachelor degree courses.
- BSc in Radiography and Medical Imaging
- BSc in Dialysis Technology
- BSc in Operation Theater Technology
- BSc in X Ray Technology
- BSc in Medical Record Technology
- BSc in Medical Laboratory Technology
- BSc in Speech Therapy
- BASLP Course
- BSc in Audiology
- BSc in Anesthesia Technology
- BSc in Audiology and Speech Therapy
- BSc in Optometry
- BSc in Ophthalmic Technology
- Bachelor of Occupational Therapy
- Bachelor of Physiotherapy
Paramedical Diploma Course Syllabus
If you want to do diploma course then you can do it after 10+2 or 10th. It depends on the institution and the type of course offered.
- Diploma in Operation Theater Technology (DOTT)
- Diploma in X Ray Technology
- Diploma in Audiometry Technician
- Diploma in Audiology and Speech Therapy
- Diploma in Radiography and Medical Imaging
- Diploma in ECG Technology
- Diploma in Dialysis Technology
- Diploma in Hearing Language and Speech (DHLS)
- Diploma in Dental Hygiene
- Diploma in Medical Record Technology
- Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT)
- Diploma in Nursing Care Assistant
- Diploma in Sanitary Inspector
- Diploma in Ophthalmic Technology
- Diploma in Physiotherapy
- Diploma in Anesthesia Technology
Paramedical Certificate Course
If you have completed 10th or 12th then you can do certificate courses.
The eligibility criteria generally change from one institute to another and it also depends on the nature of the course. Readers should pay special attention to the requirements and norms laid down by the respective institutions.
- X-Ray / Radiology Assistant (or Technician)
- CT Scan Technician
- Dialysis Technician
- MRI Technician
- Nursing Care Assistant (Certificate)
- ECG Assistant
- Medical Laboratory Assistant
- Operation Theater Assistant
- Dental Assistant
- Eye Assistant
Paramedical Course Essential Qualification
- If you want to get a Bachelor’s degree in Paramedical, then for that you must have passed Inter from Biology.
- 10th or Inter pass students can do diploma course in paramedical.
- If you want to do certificate course in Paramedical, then you should have 10th or 12th qualification.
- Apart from this, this eligibility varies according to the institute in each college.
Paramedical Course Posts After Recruitment
- Sub-Inspector (Staff Nurse)
- Sub-Inspector (Physiotherapy)
- Assistant Sub-Inspector (Pharmacist)
- Assistant Sub-Inspector (Electro Cardiography Technician)
- Head Constable (Nurse/ANM)
- Head Constable (Marathon)
Paramedical Colleges List
- Delhi Paramedical & Management & Institute
- CMC (Ludhiana)
- Dental College (Lucknow)
- Dental College (Bengaluru)
- Madas Medical College (Chennai)
- Dental College (Thiruvananthapuram)
- Prosthetics and Orthopedics (Safdarjung Hospital, New Delhi)
- CMC (Bangalore)
- Jaslok Hospital (Mumbai)
- AIIMS (New Delhi)
- KMC (Valur)
- Institute of Physically Handicapped (New Delhi)
- School of Physiotherapy (Mumbai)
- Degree Paramedical College (Etawah, Saifai)
- Prabhav Paramedical and Health Institute College (Delhi, India)
- Rajiv Gandhi Paramedical Institute
- Institute of Paramedical Technology
- Kailash Institute of Nursing and Paramedical Sciences
- DIPS Paramedical and Management Institute
- Hindustan Institute of Medical Sciences (Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh)
What is Paramedics Salary?
After doing a pay paramedical course, your salary depends on the experience of the course, skills. In this, your annual package ranges from 2 lakh to 5 lakh per year. In this, different salary is fixed for different jobs.
1. For Radiology Technician (from 10 thousand to 50 thousand per month)
2. Health care assistance (from 5 thousand to 15 thousand per month)
3. Dialysis assistance (20 thousand to 50 thousand per month)
4. Lab Technician (10 thousand to 70 thousand per month)
How much is the paramedical course fee?
Paramedical course fees can range from ₹ 50000 to ₹ 2500000. It depends on which course you are doing in paramedical and whether that course is of graduate level or post graduate level. All the courses available in Paramedical, the cost of all the courses may be different for different courses.
How long is the Paramedical course?
There are three types of paramedical courses whose names are given below. Degree Paramedical Course – It may take you 1.5 years to 4 years to complete the degree paramedical course. Diploma Paramedical Course – It may take you 1 to 2 years to complete the Diploma Paramedical Course.